SalterMitchellPR is seeking an account executive who wants to help good causes win.
Top candidates will have a minimum of two years of professional experience in coordinating, implementing, and measuring the impact of integrated campaigns with a mix of media relations, social and digital media engagement, influencer outreach, audience research, paid media, and key partnerships.
Strong writing, problem-solving, and creativity are a must!
You will help implement campaigns using paid, earned, shared, and owned methods. At SMPR, team members are assigned projects and clients based on their “superpowers” and interests. Below is an outline of job responsibilities that you may be assigned:
Public Relations and Strategic Communications
- Coordinating and executing public relations campaigns
- Conducting research on issues and topics to support thought leadership strategies and guide pitching efforts
- Writing press materials
- Pitching media and maintaining relationships with reporters
- Building media list, updating editorial calendars, and tracking deadlines
- Media monitoring and reporting
Marketing, Advertising, and Creative Services
- Coordinating and executing marketing and paid advertising campaigns
- Conducting audience and subject matter research on issues and topics
- Developing advertising flight plans
- Securing and managing ad placements with vendors
- Writing content for multimedia channels, including traditional, digital, social, and mobile media
- Working with a team of graphic designers, web developers, and multimedia producers to develop creative concepts, campaign themes, and copy
- Campaign monitoring and reporting
Client Relations and Project Management
- Participating in weekly client calls and meetings, as well as agency-wide meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Serve as the liaison of all team members to ensure that integrated teams stay connected throughout the timeline of the assignment
- Work under the direct supervision of the firm’s leadership and in collaboration with the entire SMPR team
- Support client retention and new business development
- Working closely with team members to keep account activity on track and moving forward
- Supporting new business development
- Completing internal administrative functions, such as daily timekeeping, project tracking, and budgeting
- Being flexible and available for crisis situations, client support, and special projects
The people we hire are:
- Curious -- Ask questions and gather facts
- Intentional -- Prioritize your time and attention
- Collaborative -- Be proactive, ask for help, and keep us informed of your progress
- Wonky -- Data-driven, analytical, or loves numbers
- Knowledgeable -- You must love to LEARN and READ
- Passionate -- Love what you do
- Diligent -- Willing to go above and beyond to get the job done
- Rooted -- You are looking for more than a “job” and want a stable, long-term career with professional and financial growth opportunities
Here at SalterMitchell PR, we understand that highly satisfied employees are key to a thriving business. This is why we offer:
- A workplace culture that supports collaboration, teamwork, and professional growth
- Competitive pay ($50,000+ annually — commensurate with experience)
- Health Insurance: currently provided at no cost to the employee. Coverage is also available for your spouse/partner and dependents if you wish to purchase it.
- Dental Insurance coverage at no cost to the employee. Spouse and/or dependent coverage is also available for purchase.
- Life Insurance coverage at no cost to the employee and equal to the amount of your annual salary, capped at $200,000.
- Long Term Disability Insurance coverage at no cost to the employee.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance coverage at no cost to the employee.
- 401(k) Retirement plan where SalterMitchell PR matches your contributions up to 4% of your salary (available after four full months of employment). If after four months, you decide to enroll in our retirement plan, you may be eligible for a profit-sharing contribution to your retirement account subject to the company’s financial performance.
- 18 days of vacation leave each year, accrued at the rate of 12 hours per month.
- 12 days of sick leave each year, accrued at the rate of 8 hours per month.
- 11 paid holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Veterans Day, Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
- 1 floating holiday on your birthday or on any other day you choose
- Paid sabbatical for 4 weeks after 7 years of employment with SalterMitchell PR.
- Book allowance of up to $200 a year.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to see you apply!
Send your resume and a portfolio of your work (press releases, blog posts, news articles, social media content) to email@example.com. Include the job title in your subject line. References will be requested during our hiring process.
About SalterMitchell PR
SalterMitchell PR is a public relations firm in Tallahassee focused on helping good causes win in Florida and the Southeast. We are fluent in Floridian. We build strategic relationships, reframe challenges, protect reputations, and advocate for change in the nation’s third most populous state.
Visit SalterMitchellPR.com to see our work and listen to our podcast at FluentinFloridian.com to see our connections.