Provide bankers in Florida and across the nation with compelling messages and dynamic advocacy materials to educate and influence members of Congress to change public policies that favor credit unions – particularly mega credit unions with assets totaling $500 million or more.
- Develop a strategic communications plan to lead a national initiative to change federal policies that allow credit unions to avoid paying federal income taxes, while banks are required to.
- Determine consumer sentiment about this issue through market research.
- Generate support among the public and members of Congress to enact legislative changes to increase regulation of credit unions.
- Conducted a national survey among 2040 U.S. adults (age 18 and older) to gauge the opinion of Americans on this federal policy, which revealed that consumers are in favor of increased regulation of credit unions.
- Developed strong creative materials and a media relations toolkit to ensure influencers and advocates are delivering consistent and compelling information when speaking with lawmakers and other stakeholders.
- Delivered key findings from the national survey and advocacy messages to statewide and national media in a virtual media conference.
- Secured five story placements in statewide and national publications as a result of our media relations outreach and virtual media conference.
Other projects you may be interested in