Positioning Florida’s top HBCU as a leading conveyer of public education programs where people, especially those in minority populations, can learn and talk frankly about marijuana.
- Develop and launch an integrated public education plan for FAMU’s Medical Marijuana Research and Education Initiative (MMERI) with results-based approaches to educate, learn and talk with audiences statewide about marijuana.
- Design a new brand identity and narrative that articulates MMERI’s unique role as Florida’s medical cannabis industry expands.
- Plan, implement and develop ads in English and Spanish for a paid media campaign to reach minorities throughout Florida.
- Create accessible programs and resources to generate conversations about marijuana with multicultural audiences.
- Produce comprehensive quarterly reports and a magazine about MMERI’s activities and accomplishments for FAMU leadership and other stakeholders.
- From July 2021-October 2022, the statewide public education campaign included a mix of paid, earned, shared and owned media and achieved more than 303.6 million impressions.
- Aggregated data showed the majority of those who accessed resources provided by MMERI and engaged in activities or courses were from the targeted minority populations.
- Quarterly reports highlighting MMERI’s accomplishments yielded positive feedback and praise from FAMU leaders and stakeholders, and attracted the attention of organizations wanting to lend their support to the initiative.
Other projects you may be interested in