Educating Floridians about unlicensed medical activity (health care services performed by doctors, dentists, surgeons, medical assistants, and others who are not licensed) and prompting users to look up a provider’s license and report those who are not licensed on the Florida Department of Health’s website.
- SMPR has been a partner to FDOH on this campaign since 2018. During the state fiscal year 2021-2022, our team aimed to build off of the success of statewide campaigns from years past to continue generating awareness of unlicensed medical activity among Floridians and drive users to the Unlicensed Activity and Fraud website.
- Produce new marketing materials, videos and advertisements to engage multicultural and diverse audiences, including uninsured, underinsured or low-income individuals, across the state and keep campaign messaging and creative fresh.
- Launch a statewide out-of-home, digital and social media campaign targeting consumers in Florida counties where there are high numbers of unlicensed medical activity complaints and cases.
- Developed new creative concepts and messaging focused on topics identified by FDOH and based on investigative case data: cosmetic and general medical procedures, dental work and mental health.
- Implemented a multimedia advertising campaign that delivered content in English, Spanish and Haitian-Creole to target areas based on case data.
- From July 2021 to June 2022, the paid media campaign earned more than 43.6 million total impressions and drove over 63,000 new users to the campaign’s website.
Other projects you may be interested in