Generate awareness of and advocate for policies, programs and organizations committed to ending child hunger throughout Florida.
- Work with No Kid Hungry Florida to conduct research at the state and local level to recognize the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on child hunger.
- Partner with influential organizations and legislators to support and advocate for necessary changes to end child hunger in Florida.
- Generate earned media placements for upcoming events, partnerships and grant funding while integrating advocacy efforts for necessary changes in policy and programs to address food insecurity.
- Target minority media outlets and districts to reach audiences most impacted by food insecurity.
- Work with No Kid Hungry Florida to disseminate media placements throughout social media platforms.
- Secured earned media placements in both English and Spanish for advocacy efforts including Build Back Better Act (an extension of the USDA’s federal child nutrition waivers), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Community Eligibility Provision (CEP), and other initiatives.
- Secured earned media placements in key markets – Tallahassee, Tampa, Orlando, Miami – highlighting No Kid Hungry Florida’s work including events, grant funding, and cohorts while elevating the need to feed Florida’s children.
- Engaged Florida’s legislators, school board members, school nutritionists, and advocates to advocate for ending child hunger in earned media by co-authoring op-eds and sharing personal experiences with meal programs and food insecurity.
- Engaged No Kid Hungry Florida’s executive leader with associations and influential individuals to help further their work.
Other projects you may be interested in